Can you imagine anything better than rich, fudgey, chocolatey brownies hot from the oven with some fresh cream or homemade ice cream? I know for me, when I am craving chocolate, a mere square doesn’t do me when I could have something gooey.
These brownies are chock-a-block with nourishing ingredients such as healthy saturated fat (READ:: BUTTER), pastured eggs, cocoa, pro-thyroid cane sugar (yes, SUGAR) and adrenal lowering sea salt. That’s it! No wheat, no gluten, no fiber. Just metabolism loving goodness.
For those looking for information on why I am not using raw chocolate see Nutrition Myths Debunked:: Raw Cacao.
- 2 pastured free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup cane sugar (I use Raspadura)
- 1/2 cup high quality cocoa (I use Valrhona)
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. (180ºC)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and butter paper.
- Cream butter, salt, and sugar together. Add in eggs and beat for about a minute until combined.
- Add in cocoa and mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking tray. Bake for about 15 minutes until edges and center are firm (Center will be gooier than edges).
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with cocoa if desired.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
- Bon Appétit!