I woke up in a reflective mood today. I do that sometimes. Maybe it’s the fact that it is a lazy Sunday and maybe it is the fact that I feel the need sometimes to remind myself of my goals in life and, since I am constantly tweaking them, look at what I have accomplished and what I still think I need to accomplish (and sometimes what I really have outgrown). I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I found these lessons but wherever it was, they have my undying gratitude because, when I found them today while looking for another file (funny how God puts what you need to see in front of you), as I read them again, I thought these were the exact rules I needed to hear at the moment as I am not loving my developing “whale body” of a triplet pregnancy, worried about making mistakes as a mother, and having a struggle waiting for the “there” instead of being grateful for the “here”.
The Ten Rules For Being Human.
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, ‘life’.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The ‘failed’ experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately ‘work’.
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There’s no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you’re alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6. ‘There’ is no better a place than ‘here’. When your ‘there’ has become a ‘here’, you will simply obtain another ‘there’ that will again look better than ‘here’.
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life’s questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
-Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott, If Life is A Game, These Are The Rules
Which ones resonate with you? Which ones are your favorites? Which ones do you need to work on the most?
[alert type="success"] If you love this content be sure to share it. Click to tweet! [/alert]